Thursday, October 24, 2013

Ewes can be onery!!

A few days ago the boys and I headed for Mike's place to help take photos of ewes that were going on the online auction.  Hugh mostly read books, and drew pictures but as those photos are on my phone I will add them later.  This is Liam getting ready to 'catch' a ewe as Mike picks one out of the group.

The first ewe up was fairly well behaved and it went downhill rapidly from there.  I took the photos and I felt bad when I would say can you move that foot an inch or so to the left as Liam tried to keep 200 pounds of animal in position for their glamor shots.

Almost three hours later Mike was already feeling sore and stiff and Liam felt like he should get a pass on PE for the day.  A donut and soda later he had well recovered.

Sometimes homeschooling can get quite hectic and I get grumpy about invasions on our time but I am grateful for the chance we had to go to Mike's.  Life is made up of lots of experiences and there are so many that I rely on others to provide, we obviously don't have near the farm/ranch that we would like but the boys at least get glimpses of it now and then.  Speaking of which the goat herd increased by two Nubians we bought from Travis and there is a third cross breed out there but she is just visiting.  Well back to life, more catch up posts will be coming like pics of the great Minnetonka cave hike that wasn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment