Wednesday, January 27, 2010

That's too crazy?!

Can it really be nearly the end of January? Could preseason training for high school soccer really have started? That is an outdoor sport right? Last time I checked our driveway resembles a rather soiled winter wonderland complete with midget sled hill...which wonder dad Brenton added sides to for a bit of safety. Of course Liam still slid down the side (accidentally) yesterday and hit his head on the hitch of the scout trailer parked a bit too near the midget hill. Luckily he has the hard head of the Irish and seems to be fine. It amazes me how long the younger boys can play in the driveway and have a blast. Sunday night we invited our neighbors (the Fawson's..I actually taught Jared a million years ago when he was in high school, and Tiffany is one of my first friend here in Utah...her parents guided me greatly in those early years of marriage) and their two little girls over to sled. Brenton hooked up lights and they played until the dads starting giving snow bellies and generally being rowdy. Life here still revolves around high school, home school, dance, Irish dance, soccer training (indoor, in Logan), not enough running, Brenton's work, church, and whatever else we can cram into our alotted hours of the day. Moira performed at a drill team competition with her local dance studio, Cody and I went to watch her....fun was had by all and I got to listen to music on Cody's Ipod with his cool Skull candy headphones! The Irish dancers first competition (called a Feis) is on the 6th of next month so we are focusing on getting ready for that, the kids are excited but it is something oh so different for them to experience. I am excited because new can be hard and hard is always a good chance for growth. Well I am off to find Hugh's well loved and tattered "Thomas" blanket and prep for tomorrow's school....maybe it is time to sneak in an all art afternoon. I love those and Liam has been asking if he can try running the sewing machine so maybe we need a stay at home field trip. I will post pictures as soon as the techie daughter is out of the shower to help me get the cute ones of she and her brother out of the digital camera!

No comments:

Post a Comment