Sunday, May 11, 2014

May birthdays field trip to SLC!

Hugh got comfy for the drive to SLC, that is my blanket that he took from me!

The first stop on our field trip was Hogle Zoo of course!  I was a rainy, windy day but we had no idea how much weather we would see before we headed out for the second stop!

The zoo is still under renovations for the African exhibit but there were several new things open when we go there.

Why do we always take a picture of this?

That is one of the new huge male lions on the rock to the right of Hugh.

Even 'stretch' Liam could not reach the huge tortoise. 

Liam added some light entertainment by dancing in the rain for us.
Hugh loved the seal show and wants to study marine biology next year.
Two peas in a pod, these two are so alike.
Not sure why the blog moved this picture but ...Liam and I decided to try the indoor climbing wall at the sports expo...he is a fast little man...I miss climbing.  I did a fair amount of indoor and outdoor climbing when I was in school in Flagstaff.
Here Liam is beating me to the top...he chose to repel down while I was reverse climbing down trying to burn off the junk food I ate:)
Hugh made fast friends with this rescue dog, it followed him around for a bit and kept licking him.
The indoor mountain bike trail course was super cool, though we kept giving poor Bubba fits.  She was pretty sure one of us was going to wipe out and bleed.
We even got Dad onto one of the bikes..and had trouble getting Liam off them.
Dad skipped an obstacle....that one was very rough.
Yep, even I had to play on the fancy bikes.
The slacklines were a favorite as well, I think I may have finally convinced Brenton that we need one of these at the house.

Sitting at the seal show.
We had a family pass to the zoo for the past year and have really enjoyed going there when we have time.  At the end of this visit, we were right near the ape house, a downpour occurred so we ducked into the building at hand.  Then we headed for the next one when there was a break in the rain only to have it start hailing!  Needless to say we worked our way to the front gate and made a dash for the van where we ate our 'picnic' lunch inside:0.  Then we were off to the Adventure gear sports expo...neat time there too...prepare for picture overload.This picture was much earlier in this post but for some reason the pictures of the expo all posted before it.  Too much tech for me.  Hope this was as fun to read as it was to do....










No comments:

Post a Comment