Wednesday, October 24, 2012

First snow!

So yesterday morning I awoke to find a light snow on the lawn and the mountains covered with the first snow of the season.  This picture was taken by Moira later in the afternoon so the snow had thinned a bit but still it was significant with all the drought we have been experiencing.  I will know begin the love/hate relationship I have developed with our dear treadmill over the past several winters.  I love that it lets me keep my mileage decent but am not a big fan of the monotony factor.  However, playing with the buttons and changing speeds often and randomly can help with this.  I don't mind running in the cold or in the dark (I have a killer headlamp) but I do mind icy roads and less than stellar drivers!  So back to the treadmill I go for the bulk of my daily miles but whenever possible I sneak out for an afternoon session!

No comments:

Post a Comment